Piles / Haemorrhoids
Piles / Haemorrhoids – Piles are nothing but varicosities of haemorrhoidal plexuses in the mucocutaneous lining of anal canal.
– Commonly people call it ( मूळव्याध ) OR ( बवासीर )
– It is a common disease of anal canal for which patient complains to his doctor.
Types of Piles
Internal Piles Prolapsing into the lumen on straining
External Thrombosed Piles
– Bleeding at stool is the first complaint,
– Protruding mass on straining or defecation,
– Pains can feel only in case of Ext. Thrombosed Piles
– Itching at anal region,
Associated Symptoms –
– Ultimate blood loss causing anaemia, and
– weakness, lethargy, dizziness etc.,
– Poor health, low vitality, Poor performance at work etc.
– Constipation / Straining,
– Irregular bowel habits,
– Chronic Dysentry or Diarrhoea,
– Pregnancy – increased pressure on superior haemorrhoidal vein.
– There are four stages of piles. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th.
Classification Of Stages –
1st stage – No prolapse of piles mass , just prominent blood vessel,
2nd stage – Prolapse of piles mass on bearing down but spontaneously reduced,
3rd stage – Prolapse of piles mass on bearing down but require manual reduction,
4th stage – Prolapse of piles mass on bearing down which won’t get manual
Treatment – Treatment depends on stages of Piles.
– Usually 1st degree internal piles can be conserved with treatment along with dietary restructions.
– However, 2nd, 3rd & 4th stage Internal Piles require Ayurvedic Kshar sutra treatment followed by dietary restrictions to avoid constipation.
Different treatments available for Excision of piles –
– Injection Therapy,
– Rubber band ligation,
– Cryo surgery,
– Modern surgery,
– Stappler Therapy,
– Infra red coagulation,
– Ayurvedic Kshar sutra therapy.
Above all, Ayurvedic Kshar sutra treatment is the safest and most successful option available with less complications and no recurrence.